6 country experts NEEDED
For ENoP Study on "The role of political parties and civil society organizations in ensuring political participation of citizens in representative democracies.”
The European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP) is a platform for communication and dialogue between political foundations in Europe, the EU institutions, and civil society organisations (CSOs) in the fields of democracy support, development cooperation and political dialogue. The network consists of 54 member foundations and one affiliated entity, coming from 23 countries within the EU. The members are close to six party families – ECR, EPP, Greens/EFA, GUE/NGL, Renew Europe and S&D – represented in the European Parliament, and belonging to the democratic spectrum.
The main focus of ENoP is reflected in the activities of four working groups: “Sustainable Development”, “Democracy”, “The Future of Europe” and “EU Funding” as well as in the implementation of relevant projects with local partners in more than 100 countries around the world. In 2016, ENoP has signed a Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) with the European Commission and implementing and since 2019 it is an implementer of an EU co-funded project, aimed at strengthening the organisation as an actor in support of democratic and pluralistic societies.
In this context, ENoP is looking to hire 6 country experts to contribute to a study on: “The role of political parties and civil society organizations in ensuring political participation of citizens in representative democracies.” The experts will contribute with content on the specific country chapters that he/she is assigned to, while all chapters will be put together and into a coherent publication by a lead author. The study will cover all of the following countries:
- Southeast Asia: Philippines, Cambodia
- Africa: Tunisia, Benin, Kenya
- Latin America: Bolivia
We seek to hire 1 expert per country, linked to the 6 above-mentioned countries. Thus 6 country experts in total.
Main responsibilities & tasks of the experts
The purpose of the study is to describe and compare the different roles and capacities of political parties and civil society groups in guaranteeing citizens’ political participation in representative democracies, and to look into potential conflicts and forms of cooperation between them. Each country expert is expected to:
- To provide a detailed response to a questionnaire prepared in advance by the lead author;
- To prepare a concise overview of the key functions, approaches and activities of civil society organizations and political parties in fostering political participation in the specific country, including recommendations for the general conclusions of the study drafted by the lead author.
- Deliver the interim and final products in a timely manner.
The country experts will be selected on the basis of the following set of key competencies and experiences:
- Thorough knowledge of the political and CSO landscape in the specific country;
- Expert with at least 4 years of relevant professional experience on political party cooperation in the specific country;
- Experience in cooperation with civil society organizations, including through strengthening CSOs in the respective country;
- Experience with political party advisory in the respective partner country is an asset;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify relations between different processes;
- Ability to express themselves in a clear and concise manner;
- Experience in a similar assignment is an asset;
- Fluency in English (both, spoken and written).
- Candidates should address their applications to ENoP Executive Director Mana Livardjani by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 15 February 2020 12:00 (midday)
- Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- 3 recent relevant publications or studies in pdf format (in ENG)
- Detailed service price quote per work day for the assignment (We estimate an average of 4 working days for the assignment).
When submitting your application, please specify the country for which you are applying.
For more details on this offer, please find below the detailed Terms of Reference (ToR):