Background and purpose of the call
he European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP) is a cooperation structure, serving as a communication and dialogue platform between the European political foundations and the Institutions of the European Union as well as civil society actors in the fields of democracy support and development cooperation. ENoP counts over 50 member foundations from 23 EU Member States and provides services to its members to facilitate their participation in the respective programmes of the EU.
ENoP members are affiliated to 6 political party families represented in the European Parliament but are independent in their decision-making and financing of international projects. The activities of political foundations in the fields of democracy support and development cooperation include public campaigning and awareness raising, advocacy work vis-à-vis political institutions and decision makers in their respective home countries and at EU level, as well as the implementation of democracy support and cooperation projects with local partners in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
Since March 2019, ENoP is implementing an EU co-funded action called “Strengthening ENoP as actor in support of democratic and pluralistic societies”. In the scope of this project, ENoP and its members regularly produce a variety of publications, ranging from position papers and statements to large-scale studies. In order to ensure the quality of the final products, as well as a coordinated publications development and adherence to proposed timelines of publishing, ENoP is looking to engage a tender offer from experts willing to provide necessary services for coordinating and editing upcoming ENoP publications.
Tasks to be performed
The expert is expected to deliver the following services:
- Developing publication guidelines for ENoP
- Ongoing contact and coordination with implementing parties of all upcoming ENoP publications
- Ensuring publications are in accordance with proposed publishing timelines, ENoP publication guidelines and the scope of ongoing projects
- Attending meetings with representatives of different ENoP bodies and stakeholders upon request
- Organising publication launch events upon request
Timely delivery of the above services in accordance with proposed publishing timelines and upon request.
Profile and Expertise
The service provider should match the following profile:
- Proven expertise as a publication author and/or editor
- English language fluency – written and spoken
- Experience in the field of EU affairs and policy areas linked to ENoP’s work is an asset
- Experience in the field of working with political foundations is an asset
Expression of interest
Experts and service provider with the above-mentioned profile are kindly invited to send:
- A CV and cover letter outlining their relevant experience
- 3 recent publications signed by them as author or editor
- A list of 2 references
- Their expected fees (daily/hourly rates) for services requested
The applications shall be addressed to ENoP Director Mana Livardjani by email firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 July 2022 12:00 (midday).
For further details please refer to the full Terms of Reference below: