Background of the training
Policy briefs are a key tool to present research and recommendations to a non-specialized audience. They serve as a vehicle for providing evidence-based policy advice to help readers make informed decisions. A strong policy brief presents research findings in effective and well-adapted language, and draws clear links to policy initiatives. Successful policy briefs are clear and concise stand-alone documents that focus on a single topic.
Objective of the training
The objective of the training is to provide participants with knowledge and set of tools to write well-structured and strong policy brief. Participants will learn how to target the audience and communicate key messages with the right level of detail in order to have the biggest effect on targeted stakeholders. After the training, participants will be able to write an effective policy brief that proposes a solution to a well-defined problem that can be addressed at the level of policy.
Scope and methodology of the training
- Understanding the basic elements of a policy brief;
- Targeting the audience;
- How to frame the issue;
- How to present research;
- Recommendations & conclusion.
This list is indicative and non-exhaustive. The trainer should suggest a more detailed and articulated programme. Every component of the training should be backed by a practical exercise with the group aiming to keep the interaction and attention of participants.
- Methodological mix: Combining input by the trainer with interactive elements such as group work, mini-surveys etc.
- Leaving room for individual questions of participants and exchange of experience among participants
- Providing Power Point Presentation & list of online resources that participants can use after the training
Required profile of the trainer
- Expertise on working with policy analysis and policy writing, in particular in the European public sphere
- Track record of successfully implemented trainings
- Profound expertise in developing training concepts and in conducting trainings
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English skills
- Receipt of training offer by 22 September 2022
- Moderation and facilitation of a 4 hours online training via Zoom (or other online platform provided by trainer).
Expression of interest
Experts with the above mentioned profile are kindly invited to send their CV, outlining their relevant experience and their expected overall fee for the preparation and the facilitation of the training as well as proposed program of the training. Applications shall be sent to Aleksandra Starčević email@example.com by 22 September 2022.
For further details please refer to the full Terms of Reference below: