Background of the training
This training is a first general introductory training on this topic for ENoP members. The purpose of the training is to provide ENoP members with broad understanding of today’s media world. Participants will develop understanding of types and demands of different media, as well as approaches to critically consume media and information.
Objective of the training
The objective of the training is to provide participants with knowledge and set of tools for successful communication with media and formulating messages. The training will support staff (incl. local staff) from ENoP member foundations by introducing them to communication with media. They will learn the methods on how to approach target group most effectively and the tools for formulating effective messages.
The training should be articulated around the following points: 1) Types and demands of different media 2) Media and information landscape in the European public sphere 3) Dos and don’ts of communication your messages to the press.
The training will equip participants with a variety of practical dos and don’ts when communicating messages to the press.
Scope and methodology of the training
- Media landscape and challenges in the European public sphere;
- How to build media relations;
- Dos and don’ts of communication your messages to the press.
This list is indicative and non-exhaustive. The trainer should suggest a more detailed and articulated programme. Every component of the training should be backed by a practical exercise with the group aiming to keep the interaction and attention of participants.
- Methodological mix: Combining input by the trainer with interactive elements such as group work, mini-surveys etc.
- Leaving room for individual questions of participants and exchange of experience among participants
- Providing Power Point Presentation & list of online resources that participants can use after the training
Required profile of the trainer
- Expertise on working with Media and in the European public sphere
- Track record of successfully implemented trainings
- Profound expertise in developing training concepts and in conducting trainings
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English skills
- Experience with audiovisual policy and media freedom in the EU will be considered as an asset
- Receipt of training offer by 07 October 2022
- Moderation and facilitation of a 2-day à 3 hours online training via Zoom (in total 6 hours of training that should divided among 2 days in one week).
Expression of interest
Experts with the above mentioned profile are kindly invited to send their CV, outlining their relevant experience and their expected overall fee for the preparation and the facilitation of the training as well as proposed program of the training. Applications shall be sent to Aleksandra Starčević firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 October 2022.
For further details please refer to the full Terms of Reference below: