Call for services | EU Project Final Evaluation
- Beneficiary country: EU member states
- Contracting authority: European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP)
- Project title: Strengthening ENoP as actor in support of democratic and pluralistic societies (CSO-LA/2018/402-119).
- Requirements defined in the proposal: Final project evaluation conducted by an external evaluator team, will be organized during the second half of the last project year (May-July 2023). Evaluator will focus on project achievements, impact sustainability and dissemination of the project results. The evaluation will provide the project team with important information on sustainability and the overall impact of the action.
- Submission procedure: Proposals conforming to the requirements set out below must be received via e-mail not later than the deadline given below. The following Terms of Reference (ToR) set out the scope and details of the work to be undertaken for conducting an evaluation for the above mentioned project.
Scope of work for the final evaluation
The evaluation is expected to assess the following:
The final term evaluation will be undertaken through a combination of processes including a desk study, selected site visits and interviews. The substantive aspect of the evaluation is related to the actual implementation of the project. For this part of the evaluation, it is important to look at the implementation processes and outcomes as well as the context of the action, thereby taking into account political, economic and social developments in the course of the project duration. Thus, the evaluation will assess and cover, as far as possible:
- Priorities: Extent to which the objectives of the development intervention are consistent with beneficiaries’ requirements, country needs, global priorities and partners’ and EC’s policies.
- Effectiveness: Extent to which the development intervention’s objectives were achieved, or are expected to be achieved, taking into account their relative importance.
- Efficiency: Extent to which the outputs and/or desired effects have been achieved with the lowest possible use of resources/inputs (funds, expertise, time, administrative costs, etc.).
- Sustainability: Extent to which the benefits from the development intervention continue after termination of the external intervention, or the probability that they continue in the long-term in a way that is resilient to risks.
- Impact: Positive and negative, primary and secondary long-term effects produced by a development intervention, directly or indirectly, intended or unintended.
- Coherence: Extent to which activities undertaken allow the European Commission to achieve its development policy objectives without internal contradiction or without contradiction with other Community policies. Extent to which they complement partner country’s policies and other donors’ interventions.
- Community value added: Extent to which the project/programme adds benefits to what would have resulted from Member States’ interventions in the same context.
- Pre-set evaluation criteria for the implementation plan to match logical framework (logframe).
Procedural and organisational aspect
- Assess the general administration of the project;
- Assess the transparency and accountability of the implementation of the project;
- Assess the roles and responsibilities and communication: in and between project partners, and between the local partners;
- Expectations and experiences that come with the given or perceived roles and responsibilities;
- Dependence/independence (building of capacities/competencies to increase independence);
- Detailed recommendations.
Outputs: One final evaluation report in English covering the above-mentioned contents.
Qualifications of the evaluator and selection criteria
- Proven professional experience in developing and implementing;
- M&E methodology, as well as evaluation of the project (EU and/or other international donor projects);
- Experience in qualitative methods and analysis;
- Working experience with CSOs and/or political foundations would be considered an asset;
- Fluency in English (written and oral).
Note: The above experiences and qualifications will be taken into consideration for the final selection of the evaluator as well as the submitted methodology and workplan.
Expert will conduct final evaluation at the end of the project (May-June 2023). The expert should focus on evaluation of project achievements, dissemination of the project results, impact sustainability and overall impact of the project.
Applications in the English language should include:
- CV or team presentation (not more than 3 pages);
- Cover letter;
- Draft work plan;
- Evaluation proposal detailing the methodology and approach as appropriate;
- Contact details of 2 recent relevant references.
The deadline for submitting offers is the 1 March 2023. Offers should be sent electronically to Aleksandra Starčević on firstname.lastname@example.org