Lost Trust in Political Parties in Europe Conference
The conference Lost Trust in Political Parties in Europe, organised by the Institute for Social Integration, with the support of ENoP, took place on 17 May 2022 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The aim of the event was to discuss the future of political parties; to focus on the future of representative democracy and democratic societies in general.
Main points of discussion:
- Are political parties in decay and how will political representation be expressed?
- Is it possible to replace political parties with civic movements and civil society organizations - where is democracy headed?
- How do parties defend the public interests of the groups of voters who support them?
- How successfully do parties develop and advocate for progressive social projects and policies or do they concentrate only on the political process?
- How effectively do parties communicate their activities to citizens?
- How does the State take care of democracy?
- Who and how finances the activities of political parties and foundations and the media close to them?