Justice in the 21st Century Debate
The debate took place on 14 December 2021 in Ljubljana, Slovenia and was directly broadcasted online in Slovenian and English. It was part of the project "Justice in the 21st Century", which was organised in the cooperation of all ENoP members from Slovenia: Progresiva Association, iJEK, NOVUM and Povod, with the support of ENoP.
The event opened a public debate on the question of justice in society. The conference presented an opportunity for the authors of the articles collected in this anthology to discuss different views on justice and fairness in the 21st century.
- Dr Jernej Pikalo, Chair Professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ljubljana, author of the article "Justice in the time of globalisation";
- Dr Dan Podjed, Research Associate at ZRC SAZU, author of the article "A more righteous path towards the digital future";
- Domen Savič, CEO of the NGO Državljan D, author of the article "The unjust digital economy: In the world of the new and beautiful Big Brother";
- Dr Žiga Turk, Chair Professor at the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering of the University of Ljubljana, author of the article "For justice without adjectives";
- Samar Zughool, MSc, Intercultural Trainer and Project Manager at the Povod Institute, author of the article "The value of autonomous social and cultural centres in preserving justice in spatial development during and post Covid19: the case of Ljubljana"
The conference is available to watch here.