Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development and the European Green Deal – How we Localise the Global Decade of Action to Deliver on the SDGs
The conference took place on 8 October 2021 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. It was coordinated by Institute Povod, thematically prepared by ENoP's Slovenian members, and organised with the support of ENoP and SDG Watch Europe.
This event explored and highlight using the frameworks and tools of Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development within the context of the EU Green Deal to deliver on the SDGs. The event brought together a wide range of stakeholders with the focus toward collaborative and constructive way to deliver on 2030 Agenda and SDGs commitments at EU and local levels.
The event highlighted the key processes for the delivery of the 2030 Agenda under the Slovenian Presidency, demonstrating Slovenia’s commitment to sustainability and development cooperation under the Slovenian EU Presidency:
- To raise awareness for the the SDGs, EU Green Deal and Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development
- Examine political processes and structures
- Sharing the knowledge and capacity-building of the local actors and ENoP members
- To highlight best practices, challenges and solutions
- To influence the priorities of the Slovenian EU Presidency within the focus of sustainability