Save the date: International Democracy Day Brussels 2022
International Democracy Day Conference 2022
14-16 September | Brussels & online
Democracy in an Era of Geopolitics
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED), European Partnership for Democracy (EPD), International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA), European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP), and Carnegie Europe are proud to organise the 2022 edition of the International Democracy Day Brussels conference. The event will take place at the European Committee of the Regions in Brussels and online, with the support of the European Parliament and the Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union. An exciting line-up of leaders, experts and practitioners will discuss the challenges that recent geopolitical events pose for democratic development worldwide.
- 16.00 - 17.00 Rebuilding Ukraine: the Lugano Civil Society Manifesto (online)
the European Committee of the Regions15 September In-person event at
- 09.00 – 11.00 – Conference on Democracy in an Era of Geopolitics, with a keynote speech by Abdallah Hamdok, former Prime Minister of Sudan.
- 11.15 – 12.15 – Session on Youth Cohort for Democracy: Re-imagining Youth Political and Civic Engagement.
- 12.15 - 13.15 – Session on Dialogue on EU Presidencies and the EU External Democracy Agenda: Seizing momentum for democratic change.
- 11.00 - 12.30 – Session on Hybrid Threats to Democracy (online)